The folks over at Wunderman, a global marketing agency part of the WPP Group, got a chance to catch up with us last week at SXSW to chat about using social media to discover leads and build relationships more effectively. This was a real honor for us since Wunderman knows a thing or two about CRM and social media marketing. In 2012 they were ranked #1 CRM/Direct Network worldwide and #1 Digital Agency Network by Advertising Age. Check out the video below along with some bullet points from the conversation:
- Companies create action by engaging with the right people at the right time.
- Potential customers are already used to engaging with strangers and acquaintances on social media.
- Sales reps should build a relationship with prospects on the social web before picking up the phone to call.
- Two types of social media data can help to identify the most relevant leads: 1) profile and bio data along with 2) conversational and real time data that can reveal intent.
- Participating in the discussion on social media allows your sales force to be engaging rather than interrupting.